Magento PIM Integration: Why do you need it?
Last Updated | July 4, 2023
Table of Contents
What is PIM?
PIM, a term you may have heard floating around all over the internet these days, stands for Product Information Management. It is a multichannel marketing software tool for eCommerce. It is an ingenious technology that manages all your data related to your business and its products in your product catalog, sizes, weights, descriptions, reviews, certifications and so on. It is new software that is busy experiencing a rapid growth in the retail sector.
How does PIM Work?
PIM is new multichannel marketing software that stands for Product Information Management. The following are four simple steps with which it works to boost your business and build a loyal followership:
- It collects data from ERP, PLM or other system; import it through CSV and XLSX files and pre-built connectors;onboard product data directly from the; and connects to the DAM system
- It manages the data by classifying the products genre; measuring, tracking and controlling the quality of the products; governs the permissions and workflow, cataloguing and publishing the different versions.
- It enriches the data by putting relevant description, imagery, association with videos, and using multilingual content.
- It distributes your business by connecting all the online marketing channels and attracting the loyal customers for your business.
Read Also: Shopify Integration with Quickbooks
Why should you use the PIM System?
PIM is essential system that you need for maintaining the accuracy rate and high-quality product information to manage and process thousands of orders. The software acts as the foundation of effective content marketing system, by focusing on content as a multifunctional tool to build loyal customers and maximizes conversions as most important work.
PIM is considered as one of the most valuable systems for all kinds of e-commerce targeting that are focusing on multi-channel sales. The main purpose of using this system is managing product information; like name, description, photos, attributes, categories, and more, in circumstances where you cannot manage such information directly on the e-commerce platform because of multiple reasons and circumstances.
Read More: Integrate UPS with Shopify
What are the benefits of PIM for your business?
The PIM solution brings improvement in the productivity and efficiency of the organization, helping it to provide its customers with high-quality and reliable product information with consistency. The benefits that your organization gets the help for are;
- Increased sales and fewer ROIs
- Improved productivity of the marketing teams
- Expansion of the sales and communication and assortment growth side by side
- Imports data of any format from any source on the internet
- Consolidates information on all products
- Decreases the errors and the time of duration order processing
- Verifies data and eliminates the threat of duplicates
- Provides reliability of data and control the completeness
- Secure distribution of the information among partners
- Reduces the cost of product data management
- Reduces the marketing time
- Increases the business conversion rates
- Provides an omnichannel support system.
How to integrate Magento with PIM?
There are 2 simple ways to integrate Magento with PIM; by using an extension, or by using an API. The first option is implemented by the organization only if they can meet third-party extension requirements as per their business needs. The second is a complex way to implement a PIM solution and requires some technical knowledge for the installation of the connector.
Follow these steps to add a PIM solution to your Magento store,
- Import all the product and category data into the PIM system
- Test your Magento object and make sure that the same PIM database fields exist in Magento
- Create a PIM connection channel with the fields of the same name in Magento and the PIM system
- Install a third-party extension
- Run an initial test on a few products to ensure everything is working properly
- Make sure all the product content is synchronized properly, specifically the custom features and images
- Add the rest of the product inventory if your results are satisfactory
What are the benefits of Magento PIM integration?
The unavailability of a product description and a catalogue systematization system can lead to a conflict between the data in various promotion channels that leads not only reduce the efficiency of the eCommerce business but also confuse the customers. Automatically, this leads to reducing the attractiveness of the organisation.
As a result, retailers and manufacturers are bound to use the Magento PIM integration to overcome the challenges and help them gain the following benefits;
- Taking care of lack or oversupply of product in the inventory
- Deliveries are made on time
- Increases the conversion rate and reduces the ROIs
- Meeting the deadlines of launching new products
- Keeping the directory updated only with the necessary information
- Maintaining communication with customers and suppliers
- Consistency with data storage.
Read Also Shopify SYSPRO Connector
If you have a Pim system your entire Magento-based store will only get the benefits of running a smooth and efficient business online.
Why choose Folio3 for Magento PIM integration?
Folio3, a Digital Transformation Powerhouse, started its operations back in 2005 and since then provided a full range of all the different services related to Magento (including Magento Sugar CRM integration) and other eCommerce Platforms. We have made our presence in eight different countries including; the US, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Mexico, Pakistan and Bulgaria, and striving for more.
The Folio3 experts provide a full spectrum of multiple services of Magento PIM Integration. Since our teams are Magento certified experts, we take pride in our developers, who have been helping organizations from SMBs to Fortune 500 to achieve their goals and make their online presence roar.
When you integrate your business with an eCommerce platform for efficiency and quality you also get to choose the omnichannel path. The integration brings an inevitable process of implementing various new information systems and restructuring the individual business processes. The PIM you have chosen comes in handy in this regard.
This ingenious technology will manage all your data related to your business and its products in your product catalogue, sizes, weights, descriptions, reviews, certifications and so on. Letting you focus on more important things.
If you have any further questions about PIM or any query related to your eCommerce business, we are happy to be at your service. Just contact us @Folio3 to get a free consultation or a project estimate by top eCommerce experts.
Why Should I Use PIM?
PIM allows you to manage all the rules and the format of information about your product, as well as how this presentation of information will appear on multiple marketing channels. This is part of the company’s IT contour, tightly integrated into other systems.
With PIM system, your company can improve the wholesomeness of the product data, its accuracy, have control over quality, speed and simplified cataloging management. Resultantly, you get things done quickly and bring the products to the markets so they can meet consumer needs, increasing the sales and fostering new channels of communication.
Does Magento have a PIM?
Magento Integration Services do have a PIM. A PIM basically helps in managing Magento’s ecosystem by centralizing data and its distribution across various parts of Magento, including external sales channels. It also Magento helps your store to connect to all other integrations on Magento as well, which includes sales channels or other management software; like CRM, ERP, and POS.
What is Magento integration?
Integration is used to enable third-party services to call the Magento web APIs. The current fields that the Magento APIs supports are Accounting, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Product Information Management (PIM), and marketing automation systems out of the box.
You need to have a little knowledge of PHP for implementing a simple integration or Magento internal processes and you are also required to have a working knowledge of
- Magento REST or SOAP Web APIs
- Web API authentication
- OAuth-based authentication
Before you start curating a module, you need to install Magento 2.0, and the Magento System Requirements.
Now, to create an integration, follow these general steps:
- Create a module with the minimal structure and configuration
- Add files specific to the integration
- Install the module
- Check the integration
- Integrate with your application
And we are done, these steps may look really easy but a lot more goes in to their details for this you can always contact @folio3 for all the support and information regarding Magento web development services or can hire magento 2 developers with Magento’s Certification, if you have already sorted the basics out.
Is Magento PIM Integration good for businesses?
PIM can hold all your product details as a tool that organizes and optimizes products. From here, you can cultivate these details in to Magento and automatically update it from PIM’s “master file” interface, lifting a huge load off of Magento’s usability.
It not only makes your work on Magento lighter, but there are no longer long wait times for loading or workflow. By using PIM integrated to Magento’s you don’t have to skimp out on the gains with a slow, overcluttered system. The Magento-PIM possibilities are countless.
PIM also helps your store to connect to all other integrations on Magento as well, which includes sales channels or other management software; like CRM, ERP, and POS. PIM basically helps in managing Magento’s ecosystem by centralizing data and its distribution across various parts of Magento, including external sales channels. Hence, you save important time and maintain quality content.
It is safe to say that the Magento PIM Integration is good for businesses or A PIM and Magento union is a marriage made in profitability.