How to Make Money Using Shopify: 7 Proven Strategies
Last Updated | August 30, 2023
Table of Contents
Shopify is currently the number one e-commerce platform for business. It boasts over 1.75 million merchants on the platform. It has all sizes of businesses on the platforms which have variable revenue sizes that lie between $100-$10,000,000 per month. It is a great platform to start making money for entrepreneurs all across the globe. The success of Shopify must be attributed to its several benefits over other platforms. There are several business advantages of Shopify that entrepreneurs can utilize to make money. Some of the most notable benefits for the users are:
- Very easy to set up. The Shopify ecommerce design is such that it makes it easy for people with no technical knowledge about websites to start their businesses. The already pre-made themes which can be free or acquired after paying, provide the best Shopify store optimization for speed and reduces the time needed to set up the store which includes making the layout, adding the products, setting product details, and providing payment processing applications. One can even hire Shopify web development services from certified shopify experts in usa or elsewhere, to help develop your web store.
- A huge community for support. Shopify has its very own community platform which has almost 1 million members who are always sharing new ideas, providing insights, solving problems discussing new prospects, and even helping novice store owners understand the functioning of the platform. The community includes store owners, shopify experts in usa providing their services, technology developers, Shopify moderators, and e-commerce agencies. The community can provide answers to your queries, and you can find solutions to similar problems as well as they have already been solved. Additionally, you can also use it for feedback when looking to hire dedicated shopify developers over the internet.
- Requires minimal maintenance. Since Shopify is a software as a service on the cloud, there is no maintenance cost on the store owner’s end. They don’t need to worry about the performance-enhancing or uptimes unlike on other platforms. Shopify has a remarkable uptime of 99% while also maintaining high-performance speeds and being always available, irrespective of the business domain.
- High scalability. The platform caters to all business sizes. This allows store owners to begin and continue to grow their stores while remaining on the same platform. Shopify will support you from an ambitious entrepreneur up until you become a major name in the e-commerce business. You can even make use of Shopify mobile app development services to create your very own Shopify application for mobile users.
- Integrations with other platforms/services. The Shopify store provides all of the basic e-commerce needs. It also provides the option to enrich the store with new integrations. Store owners can make use of Shopify integration solutions to meet their business requirements. The integrations include mobile applications, purchasing a Shopify erp connector, and integration of new payment processors and CRMs. There are over 6500+ supported apps that can be successfully integrated with Shopify.
Read Also How To Start Dropshipping In Canada
How do I get Money From Shopify To my Bank Account?
Some things to consider before launching a Shopify Store
As you look to start a new business on Shopify to make money, you will have to consider some important things. There are several methods that are utilized by sellers on Shopify that you also must know of. The increased demand for Shopify has also led to increased competition. Below are some tips that you should consider following to make sure that your business is on the path to a healthy long-term growth:
- Make sure that you have a business plan to follow.
- Carefully consider your options and validate them before you pour your investment into them.
- Define the set of digital channels so that you can promote your product and brand. You can make use of social media.
- Plan on using technology to provide the best services. For instance, make use of SEO tactics so that brand exposure can be increased. Start a blog to boost SEO ratings.
- Find the e-commerce niche that you plan to target, then define your audience and then focus on the business.
- Have a business partner with you. If you can’t find technical partners, hire shopify experts in usa to have strong technical expertise for your store which can keep the store maintained and managed.
Read Also Average Shopify Store Revenue
How to Start a Shopify E-commerce Store
The best way to make money on Shopify would be to start an e-commerce store that is the main core of Shopify. The platforms make it very easy for users to set up a new online store without any problems. You will have several options to decide what to sell in your store. Some products may include handmade goods, clothes, foods and beverages, beauty products, or even electronic items. Shopify is ideal for e-commerce store development because it allows straightforward additional items, easy navigation, and checkout facilities that can allow customers to checkout. One can also create a blog for their Shopify store to increase Shopify store optimization for the search engines. Folio3 can help you by providing you with the best shopify ecommerce design service. This will include setting up the store from scratch, adding highly convertible themes where some examples would be the best 5 Shopify 2.0 themes, performing any required Shopify integration solutions with say, payment processors, then launching the store and maintaining it. Folio3 has the best Shopify developers who can make appealing e-commerce stores to attract customers to the store. Folio3 can help you grow by providing the best consultancy and we have business analysts who can help you make smart business decisions to meet your goals.
Read Also the Shopify affiliate program
How to Build a Shopify Dropshipping Business
You can even make money on Shopify as a dropshipping store. A dropshipping store is a method of order fulfillment where the Shopify store does not keep the products that it sells on the store physically in stock with them. Instead, the sellers purchase the inventory products needed from a third party who is generally a manufacturer or a wholesaler. Then they fulfill the order by shipping the product to the customer. Dropshipping is becoming quite popular on Shopify and is proving to be a profitable business. On your end, you must begin by finding suppliers who sell products that have a similar niche as yours. You will then upload a new stock-keeping unit and wait for the customers to buy the products on your page. For that, it is essential to have a good page, so it is best to Hire Someone To Build Shopify Store. Folio3 can help you with this and even help you migrate Shopify store so you can sell on multiple platforms as a drop shipper. A sequential flow would be:
- Customers place an order from your Shopify store.
- Then your Shopify store automatically sends the order data to the dropshipping supplier. This automation can be achieved by purchasing Shopify integration solutions.
- The supplier then handles the order. This will include the packaging, labeling, and delivery.
- Once the product is ready, it will allow direct delivery to your customer.
Shopify can help drop shippers as it provides seamless integrations with suppliers, the development of apps to aid in shipping management and advertising, and integration with social media platforms to increase marketing.
Read Also Shopify Professional Reports
How to Become a Shopify Affiliate Marketer by Folio3
You can even choose to make money without even selling anything on Shopify. You can join the Shopify affiliate program and become a Shopify affiliate marketer. This program involves people such as social media influencers, educators, and content creators who will inspire their audiences to start their entrepreneurship with the Shopify platform. To join the affiliate marketing program, you will have to refer your Shopify audience to Shopify. This affiliate marketing strategy will provide the marketers with commissions. The marketer will receive a commission when your audience will register with a paid Shopify business plan. Folio3 can help you in becoming a Shopify affiliate marketer by providing you with a solution for email marketing. Folio3 will help strengthen your affiliate marketing campaign by providing you with email marketing consultancy.
How to Start Your Own Clothing Line or Accessory Brand by Folio3
You can also choose to start your very own accessory brand or clothing line. You can make your creative designs pay by selling the clothes or accessories on Shopify. There are applications that will allow you to develop your very own clothes and accessory brands to be uploaded onto Shopify. Then you can sell these products on your Shopify store as your own clothing line. Then you can choose to outsource the development of these clothes and sell them or manage all operations by yourself. You can also set up your accessory brand to make a profit on Shopify. You can dropship these accessories, have them made for you or even craft them yourself to build a strong brand. You can then develop these niche products to target a specific audience. This niche selling will make sure that you know who your customers are and what your customers want. Then you can address their needs. It is easier to target a specific audience by creating marketing strategies instead of focusing on a diverse group. This type of business model requires extensive and successful marketing on social media, through advertisements, and through blog posts. Folio3 has a network of domain experts who have experience in accessory and clothing businesses so they can help you create successful marketing plans. The business analysts can work with digital marketers to increase your brand exposure and drive your sales. You can even use their services for Shopify ecommerce design to make storefronts that are modern and complement your clothing line and accessory brand.
Set Up a Local Online Shopify Grocery Store
Another method to make money on Shopify is to set up an online but local grocery store. This is most suitable for those who have their own crops or a brick-and-mortar store. Once you set up a local store, you can support your local sales through your Shopify store. This can help increase exposure and allow for increased sales for those who can’t physically shop for their groceries. Search engines such as Google allow local grocery stores to increase their exposure and mark online visibility by showing this grocery store on Google maps which provides store details such as working hours, their information, etc. Folio3 can help you achieve increased sales by providing Shopify store optimization with search engines. These will help you engage a wider audience by making use of targeted search engine optimization keywords rather than serving only in your unique region. This can help increase customer conversion rates by bringing in new customers and also providing email leads. Folio3 can help you set up your store by providing shopify e-commerce design services. While you are already engaged in a business, it will be difficult to set up something new as it will require resources and time. Folio3 can develop your store and maintain it while you focus on the operations of your physical store.
Sell Digital Products and Downloads on Shopify
Another method to make money on Shopify would be to sell digital products and downloads on the Shopify store. The digital products will include podcasts, applications, Shopify themes, e-books, or even NFTs. It is a little tricky to invest in digital products such as games, themes, applications, or even software. This is because it requires a professional team by your side and capital for investment. Folio3 can help you be that professional team on your side by providing you with the best consultancy services. We can even help provide application and theme development services. Some of the most common digital products that you can sell on Shopify are online courses, podcasts, photos, themes, and songs. Shopify can help you make money by selling these digital products by providing SEO tools and the blogging features that will increase the site traffic, the best templates and themes to create attractive storefronts to showcase your products, and integration with third parties. You can choose the best Shopify plugins for WordPress after reading this blog to get an understanding of the most appropriate plugins that will suit your products.
Sell Shopify Print-On-Demand Products
You can even sell customized products on Shopify by following a print-on-demand approach. This process is when you will work with a supplier of products such as cups, gift cards, towels, notebooks, accessories, stickers, hats, bags, clothes, or any product that is nonperishable and customizable. These products are sold on the Shopify store on a per order basis as your very own brand with your unique designs. Print on demand means that you will not have to pay for the cost of the product as you first sell it online on credit. This means there is no need to hold the inventory or buy these products in bulk. Additionally, after the order is placed with the supplier, the digital printing, the shipping services, and order fulfillment is all handled by the suppliers. Once you have set up your print-on-demand store, it will take some clicks to fulfill the orders after the sales are made. But it must be noted that the Shopify store must have attractive storefronts, automated workflows, preferably a store application, and a strong online presence on social media. These critical features are difficult to manage as they require experience. You can hire Folio3 as your partner to provide the best user experience, seamlessly integrated workflows, and the best application to manage the store on the go. You can also make use of Shopify integration solutions to make use of several applications that can increase sales by providing upselling and cross-selling. You can also make use of popups that can collect email leads and provide discounts by offering coupons to allow the store owners to get increased sales.
Conclusion How to Make Money Using Shopify
There are several opportunities for entrepreneurs to make money off of Shopify. The release of Shopify 2.0 has also made the platform more code free and allows people from non-technical computer backgrounds to launch and operate online stores on Shopify. Some of the best methods to make money on Shopify are to launch an e-commerce store, build a Shopify dropshipping store, become an affiliate marketer for Shopify, start your very own brand accessory and clothing line, set up local online grocery stores, sell downloadable and digital products, and sell print on demand products. Launching a store from scratch is easy but it does take domain knowledge, time, and a successful marketing strategy to compete in the highly competitive world of Shopify. Make sure that you have a business plan and a good marketing strategy before starting your journey of e-commerce on Shopify. It is best to have Shopify experts in USA on your side to have a strong partner by your side to provide the best business consultation, development services, and technical support for your Shopify store. You can hire companies such as Folio3 to receive Shopify mobile app development services, Shopify integration solutions, Shopify store optimization, Shopify web development services, and Shopify migration services.
FAQs How to Make Money Using Shopify:
How to Offer Your Freelance Service on Shopify?
You can choose to offer freelance services on Shopify as well. You can get paid for the skills that you are good at already. You can provide freelance services to your clients but you can increase your exposure, visibility, and revenue by building a Shopify store. It makes you look more professional as well. Whether you provide services as an illustrator, Shopify designer, writer, or marketer, you can use the Shopify platform to list your services and disable the shipping option as you do not sell physical products. This way you can increase exposure on Shopify and get new clients from around the world who can offer much better payments. It will help you grow in your sales and career. So it is important to hire Shopify ecommerce design services from certified Shopify developers of Folio3 so that you can have the best storefront and attract new clients.
How do develop a Niche Product & Market It Well?
Niche products can be developed and marketed on Shopify as well. It brings its advantages and disadvantages with it. In order to sell niche products, it is essential to understand who uses the products and what the product is itself. Only then can you develop a marketing plan that is successful for your niche. You will develop a unique product for a targeted audience and this will ensure that you have a customer base that you know well. You can then address their needs and target the audience better rather than marketing products to diverse groups. You can sell these products on Shopify with the best themes on the Shopify platform to provide the best customer experience. It is best to choose from these best 5 Shopify 2.0 themes.