Last Updated | March 11, 2021
If you have already successfully ventured into the eCommerce retail business, the next logical business expansion step is to move into the wholesale market.
Since you are here, we assume that you are already looking out for ways to expand your business footprint into the wholesale market, and it’s certainly a worth exploring market with massive potential.
The best part about selling online is that you can easily move from retail selling to wholesale selling without significant cost or hassle involved. In fact, the process gets even smoother if you are selling on an eCommerce web development platform like Shopify.
Shopify as one of the leading web development platforms is known for state-of-the-art functionalities and features. The platform brings in a host of advanced features that are meant to assist businesses to succeed in the online marketplace. And if you are already into Shopify retail stores, it’s much easier for you to move into the wholesale selling market.
Here in this blog, we will be looking at everything you need to know about Shopify wholesale selling; including how you can tap into the wholesale market using the Shopify platform. We will also be reviewing some of the best Shopify wholesale apps that can help you get started quickly. However, before we start, let’s quickly see what’s the “wholesale” is all about.
What you need to know about Wholesale
– While most people associate, wholesale selling as selling products to retailers in bulk quantities, in reality, this isn’t a hard and fast rule. In fact, you can still sell your products to end-user even in wholesale selling.
– Wholesale selling open up new avenues of business for your brand. It also enables you to penetrate deeper into the market and achieve strong brand recognition, all the while increasing your revenues by selling in bulk
– Wholesale selling improve your chances to increase brand awareness. Since you will be selling your goods to customers, as well as, businesses, the brand gets more exposure in the market
– Just like in retail selling, developing a trusted customer relationship is extremely important (perhaps even more) in wholesale selling. Thereby, when you sell wholesale, try to give offer highest quality standards to the customers to nurture a strong and lasting business relationship with customers
– Just like retail customers, the majority of the wholesale customers use mobile devices to make the purchase. Thereby, it’s important to create an equally aesthetic and highly responsive mobile website. Even better, you can create your own mobile application to offer better customization and personalization choices to the customers
– There isn’t much of a difference in buying preference and mentality of B2B and B2C customers. While B2B customers do come with an enhanced technical proficiency, both customer base demands a personalized and trusted purchasing experience.
Best Way to sell wholesale on Shopify
Shopify offers multiple ways for retail businesses to transit to wholesale selling. Perhaps, the best way to sell wholesale on Shopify is by using a Shopify wholesale app. Shopify boasts one of the biggest app stores for any ecommerce web development platform, and you can easily find some great Shopify wholesale apps that may assist you to improve the wholesale customer base.
There are a variety of third-party wholesale apps available on the Shopify App Store. Just like any other App Store, each app comes with its unique offering and limitations. For instance, some of the wholesale Shopify apps enable businesses to offer bulk order discounts, while others may help them to create flexible pricing for bulk orders.
The best part is that these apps let you easily manage and track inventory and orders. Also, you can easily track customers’ preferences, and manage the pricing of products through an integrated dashboard. The only thing you have to worry about is to get help from the support team, at rare times when you need some tweaking in-app to meet your business requirement.
Can I sell wholesale on Shopify?
Shopify is a great platform for retail sellers who are looking to expand their customer base by tapping into the new market. The Platform offers plenty of options for merchants to automate their online store by Shopify integrating automation and customization. Also, with Shopify Plus development, you can easily manage the entire store operations through a unified dashboard, including managing pricing, order review, inventory management, automated account signups, and more.
Is Shopify good for wholesale?
Shopify is an ideal platform where you can easily tap into the wholesale market with the right tools and functionalities. If you are a retail merchant, Shopify gives you the option to change customer account settings for the wholesale store. This means that only customers with the accounts setup can visit your wholesale store, while you continue selling on your retail store. You can also use various apps to enhance the wholesale selling experience on Shopify.
What are the best wholesale apps for Shopify?
The wholesale club is a premium Shopify wholesale selling app that helps users to enhance the average order value by encouraging users to buy bulk orders for tempting discounts. The app has some cool features and functionalities that ensure you succeed in the wholesale market.
Wholesale Gorilla is yet another powerful and high-utility Shopify wholesale apps that bring about some cool features and functionalities for you. To make things more interesting, the app was developed by wholesale merchants, which means you can certainly expect the app to offer high-value functionalities for success in the wholesale market. The app is strongly focused to make the wholesale selling experience on Shopify more streamlined and convenient for merchants. The latest versions of the app also include features to address customer requests, which is a great way to build strong customer relationships.
This is a highly rated app developed by Wholesale Helper, who is specifically known for the “Wholesale pricing discount” app. While this app doesn’t include the comprehensive features and functionalities found in the later app, it surely does bring some high-utility capabilities to improve your wholesale selling experience.
Wholesale Lock Manager is yet again a great app from Wholesale Helpers. This time around, the app is specifically meant to improve the security of your store. The app lets you reinforce the security of the entire store or individual pages.
How much is Shopify wholesale?
Shopify Wholesale pricing for wholesale merchants and B2B customers, starts from $19.99 per month.
How to do wholesale on Shopify?
Shopify offers multiple approaches for merchants to sell wholesale. Some of the popular wholesale selling approaches on Shopify include; creating a dedicated wholesale selling store, installing third-party wholesale selling apps from Shopify Store, or using discount codes.
How to add wholesale to Shopify?
To add a Wholesale option to your Shopify store, you can visit “You Shopify” from the Dashboard. Here, you can create a “Customer Account” for yourself. Once you have created the account, visit your “customer account page” and click on the “Wholesale” tag; located at the bottom of the page.