Last Updated | July 25, 2022
An Overview: Shopify Image Resizer
The Shopify image resizer is a free tool for online merchants to give the digital images to the optimal image size and with the best configuration to suit a variety of applications for the store owners. The resizer is the best tool to make image resizing easy whether you want to place the image on social media profiles, online stores, e-newsletters, or as a product photo on your Shopify store. You can make use of the resizer for any purpose for easy and fast image resizing. The image resizer Shopify helps a merchant learn a lot more than they can think of. By using a Shopify photo editor and they can enjoy free image Shopify resizing. You can learn how to open shopify store as the demand of the sellers continues to surge. If you already have an online store and are noticing the increase in demand for Shopify, you can hire the best shopify integration service from a software solution company and perform shopify website migration to migrate the store with products, customers and information to Shopify.
Let’s Explore the world of Shopify resizer!
How does the image resizer work?
The Shopify image resize tool will give the users the perfect configuration and size for the digital images to use for a wide range of applications. Whether the image is for a product photo, social media profiles, or your own Shopify store. In order to resize the image you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Shopify platform.
- Redirect to tools and select the image resizer.
- At an instant, you can add a maximum of 6 images at a time.
- Then select the size as large which is 4472 pixels x 4472 pixels, or as medium which is 2048pixels x 2048 pixels, or compact which is 1024pixels x 1024pixels.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally, download the resized images.
The images have now been resized as per your convenience. You can now use the images which have been resized. To make sure that your store can resize its images once it is accessed from different devices such as smartphones, it is best to hire a shopify website design company that can use the best shopify 2.0 themes to ensure a high conversion rate for the Shopify store. You can also turn shopify store into an app so that the Shopify store is highly convertible for smartphone users.How much does it cost to use the image resizer?
Shopify’s online image resizer is absolutely free to use for Shopify merchants. There is no usage cost and you can resize as many images as you want. However, the Shopify photo resizer tools cost you money but they are worth spending every penny for merchants who find Shopify resizing images a hassle themselves.
What are some other Shopify Image Resize applications?
Photo Resize by Pixc.
However, you can also make use of a paid Shopify application to resize your images. The Photo Resize app by Pixc has its own advantages.
- The application will analyze all of the photos and let the user know which of those need resizing and then replace the images automatically.
- Save time. The Photo Resize app will save your and your team hours by making use of the bulk image resizer. This means there is no need to edit and resize all of the images manually. A bulk function can handle several at once.
- Increase Professionalism. It can also help the image look more professional as the images look the same size and uniform and make the store appealing.
How to activate the app?
You can activate the Pixc’s Photo Resize app simply by:
- Installing the app by using the simple 1-click install. The first 50 images will be free.
- Once the app is installed, all of the product photos will re-appear. It will give you an overview of how many photos are not yet complete squares.
- Resize the images by clicking on the orange button which says “Make all images square”. The app will resize the image and add some space to make them square to look best on your Shopify store.
Shopify Image Resizer- Key features:
The application has its own amazing features that make it unique.
- You can choose the perfect ratio that ranges from portrait, landscape, or square. Then select the best size that suits your needs. This way the Shopify photo resize won’t become a nuisance for you.
- The background color can even be selected for the images so that they can match the theme of your Shopify store. It also makes Shopify picture resize a fun and enjoyable process and reflects on the aesthetic sense of your business.
- The analysis can be made faster. You can use the app to make analyzing the store faster. This makes the operation quick and streamlined.
- The latest version of the app will also run in the background which will resize the images for you. This emphasizes how important the resize images Shopify are. There is no need to redirect to the app to run the process from the start. You will need to give permission to resize the images on the go.
- The new interface follows the documentation of Shopify’s Polaris. One can use the design guidelines to help the owner have a better experience while the app is being used. Allowing merchants to have better experiences of as they dive deeper to resize images Shopify store.
Pricing plan for Photo Resize by Picx.
The free plan costs $0.05 after the first 50 images which are free to edit. It provides a 7-day backup of the original files.
This plan costs $4 per month and provides up to 100 images per month. It can automatically resize, provide a 30-day backup of the original files, provide advanced resize options, and any excess images are charged at $0.05. It includes all the features of the free plan.
The pro plan will cost $19 per month. It allows editing of up to 1000 images per month. The pro plan includes features of the basic plan.
The unlimited plan costs $79 per month with unlimited photos to be edited. It includes all of the pro plan features alongside added priority support.
This application has a 4.7 rating in almost 1720 reviews.
SEO image compression
SEO image compression is an application that can be used to compress the images, developed by Aheadworks. Additionally, it also allows the addition of alt tags and the optimization of the Shopify metadata. The advantages of this application are:
- Quick page loading. Since the application can optimize the size of the image, it subsequently provides faster access to the store content to ensure the best customer experience.
- The qualified and enhanced traffic. The app ensures that the website visitors and the search engines are aware of the content on your store. It ensures this by adding the JSON-LD data markup structured to the pages.
- Improve the visibility of the store. The app can generate alt tags and image titles, and even generate metadata to provide conformity by following the best SEO practices.
- In short, Shopify optimizes images to help a website to become agile, traffic attractive, and the most visible site on the internet.
Why use SEO image compression?
The application should be used as search engines such as Google look for the availability of JSON-LD and metadata on a website and then reward it with a better position on the search engine results. The page-load size is also another key measurement for the Google ranking so alongside compression you can also get Shopify SEO optimization. There are also some additional shopify seo tips you can follow to increase the visibility of the store. The application also compresses the images by up to 70% which preserves the image quality and the loading speed of the page. You can even promote your store by using watermarks on your images to prevent unknown usage.
Shopify Image Resizer – Key features:
The features of the application are:
- PNG to JPEG conversions.
- Automatic lazy loading images. (When images only load upon a click, this makes sure there is a fast page loading speed)
- A smart page prefetch.
- A 30-day backup store for images is absolutely free.
- A lossy compression that can reduce image size by 70%.
- A lossless compression form that can reduce image size by 30%.
- Watermark addition on images to prevent unknown use.
- An automatic optimization image mode.
- A new JSON-LD markup.
- The optimization of file names and alt-tags.
- Information preservation from IPTC.
- Automatic and unlimited optimization for metadata.
How does SEO image compression work?
The application image compression works in steps. It works by:
- The SEO optimizer application will track any missed metadata. This will then be offered to be added manually or automatically.
- The JSON-LD toggle is checked and if it is on, the application adds ranking and some details that are mentioned on the webpage such as reviews.
- The application will then analyze and count the images that are in the store. As the more resource-intensive images are located, these are downloaded to the cloud storage and the preference-based algorithm is executed.
- Once the optimization is completed, the application will send the results via email in an informative report format.
- The compressed images, metadata, and file names can then be rolled back.
Pricing plan for SEO image compression
This plan has 60 free images for editing, and manual optimization features and is suited for stores with 15 products. It is free to use. This makes image optimzation shopify store a lot easier for the merchants.
The starter plan costs $1.99 per month. It has 400 images to edit for free and then additional are charged a $0.04 per image. It is best for stores with up to 100 products. It provides automatic optimization of images, watermarks, and SEO optimization.
This plan will include 1000 images to edit and then be charged at $0.03 per image. It is best for stores with up to 250 products. It includes all the features of the starter plan.
This advanced plan costs $7.99 per month. It has 2500 images included and then charged at $0.02 per image. It is best for stores with up to 625 products and includes all features of the basic plan.
The application requires no coding skills or technical expertise. All of the watermarked images belong to the user and uninstalling the app does not revert the changes that have been paid for. Out of 606 reviews, it has an average rating of 4.6
PixPix image editor.
This editor is made by PixPix and works as an image SEO, photo editor, and resizer, and remove watermark or logo. It has a 7-day free trial available. The benefits it has are:
- Powerful photo editing. It can resize the images, or even crop them.
- It has an easy-to-learn and simple user interface. It is lightweight so it is less resource-intensive, and a usable interface can help find the product images that need to be edited.
- Integration of the product page. It allows for quick access to the product directly from the product view of Shopify.
The key features of the PixPix image editor are:
- Change the orientation of the images. The axis and angles of the images can be changed. This tool is quite practical for use to ensure that product images are straight as at times pictures in landscape or portrait modes are at an angle.
- Resize and crop the images. The app can make the images fit in the store theme perfectly. The cropping cuts the image part not needed and resizing can maintain the image and just changes the size.
- Draw text or make changes with a pencil. Customized, text, or doodle overlays can be added as text or with brushes. The tool can remove the logos and watermarks from images that are otherwise imported from other apps.
- The images can be uploaded in bulk and several photos and images can also be deleted in bulk.
- Image compression can also be achieved. The product images can be compressed with a selected quality level. The application will tell you the status of how much image size will be reduced and providing a preview option will allow viewing the picture before changes are applied. The app will improve the SEO image performance.
- The SEO image feature will improve the SEO performance of the images by changing the alt text of the filenames of the images.
- The lighting and the color of the images can be changed. The color and lighting features can be fixed. The images could also be made monochrome. The autocorrect feature will also enhance the image alignment.
- Image parts can be enhanced or whitened. The redeye can be removed from the image by a brush, the skin blemishes can be removed and parts can be whitened as well.
- The pages, blogs, and collections can all be edited. The blog images can be edited, and the feathered images can also be changed.
Pricing plans for PixPix image editor
It provides unlimited image editing, has no hidden fees, and can be added as a Chrome extension.
This plan costs $9.99 per month. It provides unlimited image editing, bulk image deletion, upload, and compression. It has fast image saving and editing for collections, blogs, and pages. The plan includes a powerful image editor with the likes of Photoshop. The Photopea has an array of features that can be found in the best image editors. It has 55 reviews with a ranking of 4.6.
If you feel that you don’t know what is best for your stores, you can search for shopify developers near me to find a certified developer to help you out on your Shopify journey.
Why should you resize your images?
Image resizing is an important aspect when talking about Shopify stores. For which the merchants now have started to focus on Shopify product image resize. It has several benefits such as:
- The ability to speed up the loading of the Shopify page. When image files are big in size, they make the loading of the page slow as they consume resources, this can increase the abandonment rates of your Shopify store. According to research, if the website doesn’t load in under 3 seconds, 67% of the visitors abandon the site.
- Automatic resizing can remove important image features. If the image is large or too narrow for the Shopify store theme that is being used, the application will adjust the image on its end which may result in the cropping out of the important parts of the images.
- It also improves Search Engine Optimization. When the images are properly sized and named, the image files will help the search engine performance of your Shopify store.
- The store looks more professional. When the store has a properly sized image, it provides the impression that it is a polished and good business.
These are some critical reasons why it is a must to resize the images for your Shopify store. If you feel that your store design is still not up to the mark of your competitors. You can choose to hire a shopify development agency to create the best storefront to complement your product.
Does resizing images affect quality?
The images are affected by resizing as their quality drops. If a higher image resolution is selected, then the quality even after resizing should be sufficient. But low quality images can lose quality. When images are resized without resampling, the size of the mage is changed without setting the number of pixels in the image. This is why it is important for you to take a good look at the Shopify image dimensions before uploading so that the quality of the Shopify photo doesn’t get compromised. Thus resizing without resampling the image, will change the physical size of the image without a change in the pixel dimensions. Data is not removed nor added. When resized, the image changes dimensions. Now since fewer pixels fit in the same space, the resolution decreases. Thus there is a drop in quality. Resizing is important alongside resampling to ensure that there is the best display achieved with no pixelation. For instance, a 400 x 400 image will have a size of 4 x 4 inches and will possess 100 pixels per inch. If I reduce the size by half without resampling, the physical size becomes 2 x 2inches. Then resampling will increase the image resolution to 200 pixels per inch. This way the total number of pixels remains unchanged. Similarly doubling the size will result in decreasing the pixels per inch values to compensate for quality. The pixel dimensions also control the amount of data, the physical size, and the resolution. Such high care is only given by large-scale businesses. If you require management of the Shopify store very professionally, it is best to hire the Shopify ERP integration services of a software solution company that is certified by Shopify to make tailored ERP for your business.
What is a good size to resize my image?
The ideal image size for Shopify will depend upon where the image is being used. According to Shopify, here are some of the best general sizes for images that work for platforms:
- For websites with full-width images, medium size (2048 x 2048 pixels) is best and inside the content images, the compact size (1024 x 1024 pixels) is best.
- E-newsletters will need images with text in a compact size (1024 x 1024 pixels).
- For social media sites such as YouTube, banners will need (2560 x 1440 pixels), the Twitter header will require (1500 x 500 pixels), Facebook or Instagram posts will be best suited on 1080 x 1080 pixels, Instagram stories 1080 x 1920 pixels, and Facebook advertisements may use 1200 x 628 pixels.
- Websites such as blogs, slideshows, or photography require large sizes (4472 x 4472 pixels).
If you are having trouble resizing on the Shopify store, you can purchase a Shopify maintenance package from companies so that they maintain the storefront while you can work on the product side. The process of Shopify product images size will become more convenient for you. You can even ask them to develop Headless Shopify solutions for your store so that the storefront keeps on changing as per seasons, holidays, etc. and the functionalities of the store also remain consistent to increase usability and learnability.
Why are my pictures so big on Shopify?
If your image is quite tall on the store, it will become huge on your Shopify page. With the availability of the standard Shopify product image sizes you should not be facing any trouble. The easiest solution is to edit the image by adding some white spaces to the right and left of the image to make sure that the image gets square dimensions on your page to make it fit. Keep your theme unmodified.
FAQs About shopify image resizer
What is the best image size for Shopify?
At Shopify, it is important to have a balance in the images that can allow users to zoom in and are large enough, and also have an optimal size to that they don’t become too resource-intensive and slow the loading of the store. Shopify allows image uploads of file sizes up to 20MB and 4472 x 4472 pixels. But the recommended dimensions are 2048 x 2048 pixels for the square product photos. These have enough resolution to zoom in and look professional as well.
How much does it cost to use the Shopify JPEG image resizer?
The Shopify JPEG image resizer is absolutely free to use. There are some alternates as well such as PixPix image editor, SEO image compression, and Photo Resize by Picx.
Does resizing JPEG images reduce quality?
Yes resizing the JPEG images will reduce the quality. When images are resized without resampling, the size of the mage is changed without setting the number of pixels in the image. Thus resizing without resampling the image, will change the physical size of the image without a change in the pixel dimensions. Data is not removed nor added. When resized, the image changes dimensions. Now since fewer pixels fit in the same space, the resolution decreases. Thus there is a drop in quality.
How do I resize a product image in Shopify?
When images are resized, the total size of the image changes. You can upload photos to Shopify that are up to 4472 x 4472 pixels and 20 MB in size. However, the best size for Shopify product images which normally are suggested is square product pictures at a resolution of 2048 by 2048 pixels. If there is an attempt to adjust the aspect ratio by resizing, the image may become distorted. So instead, you can crop the image to the ratio that you want. To resize the images, you can follow the steps.
- Navigate and click on the “Resize” button.
- Input the new length for the image. To keep the aspect ratio the same, the height is updated automatically. If you wish to resize without keeping the same aspect ratio, you should first lock the aspect ratio. Then resize the image to prevent distortion.
- To resize the image then click on “Apply”.
- When the editing is completed, click on “Save”.
What is the best image optimization tool for Shopify stores?
There are several image optimization tools available for the Shopify stores.
- AVADA SEO Suite by AVADA Commerce, with a 4.9 rating of 1120 reviews. It is free to use.
- Image Optimizer by Image Optimizer which is free to use. It has a 4.9 rating in 722 reviews.
- Minifier SEO Image Optimizer by Aheadworks is free to install and has a 4.5 rating on 585 reviews.
- The Image Optimizer + Compression by Space Squirrel Ltd. is free to use and has a 4.8 rating on 766 reviews. With this tool Shopify image compression process gets done as per Shopify’s standards.
- Image Slider + Product Carousel by POWR.io is free to use and has a 4.4 rating in 213 reviews.
- Variant Image Penguin by VIP app charges $4.99 per month. It has a 4.4 rating in 106 reviews.
- Plugin speed optimizer has a rating of 4.1 in 77 reviews. It is developed by SureSwift Capital and starts a $39 per month. This plugin is the most expensive among all the SHopify image optimzer.
Is image resize Shopify expensive?
No, there is no usage fee and you are free to resize as many photographs as you like. Shopify retailers can use the online resize image for Shopify for free.
How to resize images for Shopify?
1. Click Resize.
2. Enter the new width for the image. The height is automatically updated to keep the same aspect ratio. If you want to resize the image without keeping the same aspect ratio, then click Lock aspect ratio.
3. Click Apply to resize the image.
4. When you’re done making edits in the image editor, click Save.
What is Shopify blog image size?
1800 x 1000 pixels is the ideal size for the featured blog image. However, images within your material should be roughly 1000 x 350 pixels in size. Your blog photos must be larger than 4472 × 4472 pixels or 20 MB, exactly like other Shopify images sizes.
What is the maximum size for the image on Shopify?
The Shopify maximum image size that you can upload photos are up to 4472 x 4472 pixels and 20 MB in size. You can use the Shopify image editor so that Shopify makes all product images the same size. When you use the editor Shopify makes all images the same size which resultantly helps you bring traffic to your site and enhances your SEO ranking on Google.
What is an image optimizer for Shopify?
A service, item, or library that reduces the size of image files is an image optimizer Shopify. An image optimizer would often shrink the file size of an image by compressing and shrinking it, preferably without significantly lowering the image’s quality.
Why should I stay away from automated Shopify product image size?
Because of the automated image resizing that mobile devices perform, square shots with the product in the center produce the best results. The Shopify product photo size must have a minimum resolution of 800 by 800 pixels. Visitors will not be able to zoom in on the photographs at any smaller sizes.
What To Look For When Picking A Shopify Product Picture Size App?
Bulk Resizes: Product images for eCommerce businesses typically take place in hundreds or even thousands of pixels in size; hence, bulk image uploads to Shopify is common. Shopify bulk image upload and resizing are vital for saving time.
Automatic Resizing: Images with typically bigger dimensions are discovered by Shopify product image dimensions which then get scaled automatically.
Image SEO: Improving your Shopify photo sizes for SEO would help your products rank higher in Google Search by Images.