Shopify Stripe Integration – How to integrate stripe with Shopify?
Last Updated | April 17, 2023
Table of Contents
Shopify Stripe Integration – Can Folio3 Help Integrate Stripe Shopify?
Are you trying to launch your eCommerce business? Or do you already have a traditional platform and want to shift to a virtual platform? In any case, there are various platforms available for kick-starting the business, and Shopify is one of them. It’s a leading multichannel platform that requires little investment, and you can start your amazing eCommerce store owner.
The only thing that remains to be sorted is, integrating the right payment system. Well, that’s precisely the reason why we will be talking about Shopify and Stripe integration since it’s known to take away all the stress. So, let’s get into details right away!
Shopify Stripe Integration – The General Overview
Truth be told, Shopify doesn’t need any introduction, given the popularity it has attained. Shopify is popular for creating an easy and efficient online store with extensive features for seamless business management. Not to forget, big names like Tesla Motors, GitHub, Encyclopedia, and Foo Fighters are using Shopify. Shopify allows the users to set up an eCommerce store without any technical issues (you know the technical issues that come forward during website development). The online store merchants can accept credit card payments, upload product pictures, customize the store, make transactions, and track the orders.
On the other hand, Stripe is a well-known payment processor with fully integrated features. It has been around since 2012 and works like a payment gateway and third-party payment processor. Stripe allows debit card transactions, credit card transactions, and ACH transactions. For those who don’t know, Lyft, Pinterest, Under Armour, and Blue Apron rely on Stripe for their transactions. It can be integrated with Shopify as well as CRM platforms, business analytics software, invoicing platforms, shipping tools, referral tools, and accounting tools. When integrated with Shopify, it promises flexible payment systems, which eventually help increase customers’ trust.
Stripe Shopify Integration – How Will It Work?
When it comes down to Shopify payments, there is a need for a payment gateway and payment processor for processing online transactions. The payment gateway is designed to pass and store customers’ credit card information on the primary processor, helping with transaction processing. Then, the funds are transferred from the customer/buyer’s bank to the merchant account while credit card fees is also deducted. Consequently, the payment is diverted into the customer’s account. Well, isn’t this complicated?
For this purpose, you can opt for Shopify integration with Stripe since it takes away the payment-related challenges (sure, you can create Shopify app and use the built-in payment system, but that’s challenging to use). With Stripe, payment processing will be streamlined since it has payment processing, gateway functions, and more to streamline eCommerce functions. To illustrate, Stripe is known for its reliable system for eCommerce payment processing that ensures efficient money transfer from the customer’s account to the business account through debit card and credit card. It also offers third-party payment gateways, while can also serve as a payment processor.
Stripe Integration for Shopify – Step-by-Step Guide
It’s needless to say that Stripe has coined its name as a payment engine that eases transactions. Besides, it is a cloud-based platform that offers a fine combination of security, scalability, and reliability. Given these features, Shopify Stripe integration and the Stripe Shopify app have become a preferred choice. As far as the implementation is concerned, you can hire a Shopify website builder or contact Shopify app development US and tell them you want Stripe as your payment gateway. On the other hand, if you have basic tech knowledge, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the Shopify Stripe integration gateway, such as;
Step One – Checking The Eligibility
To begin with, you have to open the Shopify store to check your eligibility for payment requirements. In addition, you can get in touch with the help center to check if you can opt for Stripe. This is essential because Shopify payments aren’t available for everyone, but they are opening up to more countries quickly. However, it’s not only about the location because you also have to consider the territory. For instance, there is no virtual currency available in Australia, selling services which falls into the domain of government aren’t supported in Germany, and IP infringement is not supported anywhere. So, it’s best to check out the terms and conditions.
Step Two – Logging into the account
Once you’ve checked the terms and conditions and you are eligible, log into Shopify account and tap on settings. In the settings, tap payment provider option and check out the list of third-party providers. When you see Stripe, choose this option and then press the save button.
Step Three – Setting Up Stripe
Open payment provider tab again, and you will get a third-party pop-up box. Consequently, you can choose a credit card service provider from the list. From this menu, choose Stripe and tap Stripe button, and the process will continue. Once you have set up Stripe, log in to your account and type in the login details. We suggest that you take the time to input information to ensure everything is correct.
Step Four – Activating Stripe
In this step, you only need to tap on the activate button, and you will be on the go. As a result, you will be able to support credit card transactions. We do want to say that you won’t be able to see the Shopify payments works on the dashboard, but transactions will work fine.
Does Folio3 Offer Shopify Stripe Integration Services UK and US?
Yes. Folio3 is a leading technology company based in California, USA offering its services to businesses across North-America, Asia, Europe, and Australia. We, a top shopify website development services provider, maintain a physical presence in the UK and the USA, as well. Thereby, if you are looking for Shopify integration services, you can confidently get in touch with our local experts and get it done seamlessly. In the US, we have two offices in Pleasanton and Belmont. Whereas, in the UK, we are present in Woking, Surrey.
What Is Stripe Shopify Fees for Integration by Folio3?
When it comes down to Folio3’s integration and shopify migration services with Shopify, they provide different plans to the customers, depending on the business scale and other features. So, the best choice is to connect with customer support and get an accurate quote. Also, they offer online consultations, which means you can discuss things over a video call.
What Is The Best Stripe Shopify Template To Use For Integration?
If you want to choose one Stripe Shopify template for integration, you can opt for Celigo. Celigo is undoubtedly an amazing choice since it has the following features available, such as;
- Comprehensive Flow – this integration offers a wide range of use cases and apps to ensure your needs are catered to
- Intuitive Setup – Celigo offers an intuitive design that streamlines the integration setup without coding and API. In addition, the dashboard is user-friendly, so you can check out the error information and manage different elements.
- Low Maintenance – it is designed for end-users as well as IT users, so you can take control over the integration and hardly needs maintenance.
- Customizable Design – the data integration can be expanded and customized since it has an iPaaS system, and you won’t need technical tools either.
- Developer Tools – there are advanced developer tools available for customizing the integration. For instance, you can develop the stacks, build the wrapper, and generate the tokens.
- Orchestration – the users can set up the exports and imports as a part of one flow. With orchestration, complicated processes can be supported.
How to Hire a Shopify Expert for Stripe Integration In Australia?
“How to hire Shopify experts” is one query that every eCommerce business struggles with. This is because hiring certified Shopify experts is an important step. So, let’s see what you need to consider;
Step One – Preparing The Business Information
First of all, you have to assess the requirements of your business requirements. For this reason, it’s important to prepare for the needs of business, such as tasks that need to be performed and processes that need to be followed. Secondly, you have to identify the goals you’ve to achieve (yes, the business targets). In addition, you must keep your project team aware of these goals and communicate them with your developer.
Thirdly, you need to define the budget because hiring a development agency or a developer will be expensive. It is suggested to create a proper payment plan and understand different finances. The fourth step is determining the hiring and engagement models, so everything is done according to your business’s needs. Lastly, you can determine the project timeline, select the reporting tools, and set an accurate payment schedule.
Step Two – The Type Of Shopify Developer
When it comes down to hiring the Shopify expert for working on the integration, it’s important to understand different types of Shopify developers as it helps find the right person who can meet your needs. In the section below, we are sharing information about them;
- Front-End Developer – these developers work in collaboration with designers, software developers, and product managers to create an impeccable integration. They are highly likely to use advanced frameworks, technologies, and web standards to create top-notch apps.
- Backend Developer – these developers use performant codes to fix issues and work with the team. They create new codes to enhance the production level and also improve the codebase. In addition, they provide faster bug fixes.
- Full-Stack Developer – these developers help create corresponding apps, themes, programming languages, and platforms. In addition, they can work on open-source app development and create a smooth and streamlined multichannel experience through the integration of web languages and technologies.
Get in touch with the shopify design agency for more info.
Step Three – Additional Factors to Consider Before You Finalize the Shopify Developer
- First of all, you should conduct an interview with the developers to determine their capacity.
- Always check their reviews and see what people say about them because it helps assess their profile, expertise, and professionalism.
- You must look at the portfolio to see if they have enough experience to work on your eCommerce store.
- Try to get in touch with previous clients and check out other testimonials.
- Always discuss the specific requirements of a project, so they know your expectations.
- It’s better to hire them for a small coding test (it should be paid) to see if capacitated to handle your needs.
- Make sure they have good communication skills.
What Happens After Integrating Stripe with Shopify?
When you integrate Shopify with Stripe, the payment gateways will be powered through Stripe. It’s important to add that Stripe won’t be available in Shopify payment’s region. In the case of that region, Shopify payment will be the primary gateway and has become a good choice for merchants.
What Are the Benefits of Integrating Stripe with Shopify?
The Shopify payments easily processed with Stripe, and you can set up different accounts for supporting the cart transactions. To begin with, the integration is pretty convenient as compared to other payment options. In addition, Stripe offers promising chargebacks because it has a robust and protected interface. In the section below, we are sharing more benefits of integrating Shopify with Stripe;
- With this integration, you will be able to accept debit card and credit card payments with low transaction charges. In addition, it can support manual transfer through automation.
- It is extremely easy to set up, and the encryption is pretty strong. When you connect Shopify with Stripe, you will be able to support payment solutions from different eCommerce stores.
- Stripe has highly reliable customer support. So, if there are any issues, you can take it up with customer support. As a result, the business communication optimized as well.
Where to Find the Stripe Payment Gateway Option in Shopify?
If you want to find the Stripe payment gateway option in Shopify, you need to log in to the Shopify store, open Settings, and tap on payments. From this tab, choose Shopify Payments from the “accept credit cards” menu and click on the activate button. Then, choose the “complete account setup” and enter your details, and you are good to go.
Can You Connect an Existing Stripe Account with Shopify?
Yes, you can connect the existing Stripe account to Shopify.
Is Shopify Payments Cheaper Than Stripe Shopify Integration?
If you use the basic Shopify version, the transaction charges will be the same for online payment as with Stripe.
How Long Does It Take to Receive a Payment from Shopify with Stripe Payment Gateway?
Generally, the banks will take around 24 hours to 72 hours to process the transactions into the bank account. In addition, the payment length depends on your base country.