Last Updated | July 31, 2022
Magento Development Process
Anyone who works in the website development sector has frequently heard the inquiry, why “Why is it taking so long? It is really a minor feature. Some may find this rude, but it appears the client may think your team is incompetent or, God forbid, whether you are sincere. However, when clients are unfamiliar with the development phase or when it is not sufficiently open, a misconception like this frequently arises. Let’s pause and evaluate how it actually functions before jumping to any conclusions.
First, it is important to stress that no changes—no matter how straightforward—should be undertaken in the production system. It’s dangerous and goes against the cornerstones of sound development. Before making any modifications, we must locate the precise file or area of the code where they should be implemented. Change can occur quickly in some circumstances, but it can also be more difficult in others.
Before being put into production, each task needs to be tested in a development environment. This phase will ensure that the new functionality and the current functionality perform correctly together.
These guidelines are must be followed under these conditions by every team member on every project.
The Fundamental Phases Of The Magento Development Process
- The developer accepts a task and works in the local environment while creating a new GIT branch.
- Each task is finished by the developer, who then presents the task to the project coordinator for review after pushing all changes into GIT.
- The project coordinator will review the code before approving it or returning it for revisions.
- After the code has been authorized, the modifications are integrated into the development environment, where a QA expert tests them. It’s crucial to keep in mind that some adjustments apply to rather sensitive functions (like checkout), so the task should be carefully examined to make sure it fits with the primary functions and is operating as intended.
- The task is put into production after being authorized and passing the QA stage, where it is tested again to make sure all modifications have been made and that everything functions as it should.
Therefore, this task takes longer than the actual coding.
Other Factors And Phases To Consider For Magento Development Process
Additionally, bear in mind that this is only one part of the Magento development process and that other elements may also require time.
Additional Factors For Considerations
- Local deployment may require one hour to more than five hours, depending on the particulars of the project. This is because any pitfalls must be removed and a new project infrastructure must be established.
- Configure an internal installation for testing.
- If necessary, pre-production should be set up.
Even additional phases are added to the Magento development process when these factors are taken into account.
The Additional Phases For Considerations
- Task estimation and review (Coding, Review, Tests 1, 2, and 3, Deployment, and Test 3).
- Gaining access to the database and the site/repository integrator’s code*
- Staging and pre-production for instance creation (optional)
- Code checking and quality assurance
- Testing (test 1), with recordings of the testing for use in production (test 2) and pre-production (test 3) (test 3)
- Development of a handbook (if necessary)
- Managing both internally and externally
As you can see, there is a big interrelated ecosystem that needs to be considered. We can give consumers precise pricing estimates and a variety of options thanks to it as we engage with the Magento development process for them.
Why Choosing Folio3 As Your Magento Development Process Integrators?
Cloud-based services are the area of expertise for the Folio3 team. A “unified” account (for instance, a CTO account) is used for our integration within just a project and has full access to all of the customer’s services, including the server, database, code, etc. The code is cloned to an interior repository with the aid of the integrator account, which is then used to communicate updates to the customer’s repository. Additionally, the integrator makes a duplicate of the project for internal use on the server. As a result, the client grants access to just one account rather than to the entire team, greatly enhancing security and control.
The Conclusive Thoughts
If you are wondering, is it possible to save time from the Magento development process by skipping these extra steps? “Not always,” is the response. A single task may be divided into many assignments and dispersed more effectively as a potential remedy. Each work won’t require following hundreds of steps this way, and the majority of them will be finished considerably quicker.
The caliber of our code and the outcomes of our labor are our responsibility. We take every precaution to reduce any unforeseen problems that could develop in the future, and we write effective clean code. To meet the expectations of our consumers, we prefer to stick with these tried-and-true procedures.
How to optimize Magento’s performance?
To reduce database requests and speed up database response, enable flat tables. It is the easiest way for Magento 2 optimization. Use a CDN if you can, and optimize your picture files. Schedule indexer updates and turn on the Magento cron. The size of the files to be downloaded will also be smaller if gzip compression is enabled.
Why Choose Folio3 as your Magento 2 Development Services?
Folio3, a Digital Transformation Powerhouse, started its operations back in 2005 and since then provided a full range of all the different services related to Magento and other eCommerce Platforms. We have made our presence in eight different countries including; the US, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Mexico, Pakistan and Bulgaria, and striving for more. The Folio3 experts provide a full spectrum of multiple services, from ideation and prototyping to full-scale ERP implementation and AI-based solutions for your business. Since our teams are Magento-certified experts, we take pride in our developers, who have been helping organizations from SMBs to Fortune 500 to achieve their goals and make their online presence roar.
Who can help me with Magento migration Services?
Folio3 is among the best Magento Partner Agencies offering the best Magento 2 migration services to their clients. Our experts thoroughly analyze your and your business’s requirements and then strategize a plan specific to your needs and uniqueness for building a strong identity; while keeping everything in the migration processes from the XYZ platform to Magento 2.
Where can I look for good Magento 2 developers?
To hire the best Magento developers you need to follow the simple process listed below;
- Look for reviews and ratings
- Ask previous clients for references
- Check Magento work portfolio and credentials
- Explain the project’s specific requirements
- Allocate a sample test project
- Communication skills must be good
Or you can simply reach out to a Magento partner agency like Folio3 which offers the best of the breed developers so you can hire Magento developers to cater to all your Magento 2 store’s needs.
What is Magento Headless Commerce?
As a frontend and backend solution bound together, Magento initially came as a monolithic commerce solution. This means that it had a common framework for building and maintaining both the topmost layer of site delivery that customers see and the bottom layer or the underlying eCommerce functionality, that powers your online store.
However, Magento has grown to accommodate the more sophisticated requirements of online merchants competing in multichannel and omnichannel environments as eCommerce has progressed.
For this reason, they have made it possible for retailers to use Magento headless by separating the head from their backend functions.
What does customization in Magento mean?
To achieve the best results, Magento 2 customization is a highly specialized sector that calls for a strong background in Magento programming. It consists of numerous development areas, each of which typically needs a different number of resources and experience for website creation.
What is Magento 2 integration?
When an application needs to interface with other apps to transmit data or start an action, the term “integration” is frequently used in computer science.
Integration, on the other hand, in Magento 2 refers to a third-party application that employs OAuth for authentication. It enables programmers or system administrators to specify which assets—like customers, orders, or catalogs—the application is allowed to access.
As a Magento merchant, you have the option of manually creating the integration using the Magento back-end or automatically creating it using a custom Magento extension